If you are an individual whose information we process as a service provider to another organization you may need to speak to the organization directly for questions about how they process your information.
This Policy does not apply to information that is not considered “personal information,” such as anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the information you provide to us when you use our website and use our services. We also collect information about you using third-party cookies, as described below.
When you subscribe to and receive our newsletter emails, we collect your email address. We also collect internet activity information about your interaction with our marketing emails using tracking technologies; for example, we track if and when you open an email, and if you click any links within it. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email.
When you create an online account with us, we collect your name, email address, and professional information (what business or organization you are affiliated with). When you pay for our services we collect credit or debit card number and postal address.
When you use our services, we collect medical condition information, thermal information, device and browser information, internet and electronic activity We use first-party cookies to create a better experience for you while you use our website. For example, cookies remember you and prevent you from having to repeatedly login. These cookies expire after a period of time.
We also allow cookies from third parties who provide services to us, such as ad networks and analytics providers. These third parties collect information from your interaction with our website and use it to provide services to us. For example, we use ad networks that collect information about what you clicked. These ad networks use that information to advertise to you on other websites. We do not know or control the information collected via third-party cookies, which is subject to the privacy policies of those third parties.
Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Information
We use the information described above to: Provide services
- Process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, and operate and maintain the Services
- To communicate with you about the Services, including responding to your support requests.
- Provide Customer support to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze information, and to repair and improve the Services. Marketing
- Email newsletter subscribers with updates on product features
- Provide retargeted advertising
- Sales outreach to prospective customers Internal Research
- Analyze user activity data to determine where we need to improve user and customer experience
- Detect security incidents
- Verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies Debugging
- Identifying and repairing errors that impair functionality Verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of a service/device
- To allow us to perform quality-checks on our products and services
Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information
We use service providers and other third party services to help perform business functions on our behalf. We share personal information we collect with our service providers and other third parties only as necessary for business and commercial purposes, and to receive services.
Many of our vendors are “service providers.” As such, they are contractually prohibited from selling or otherwise disclosing any personal information we share with them to third parties, and may only process your information to provide services to us.
In addition to service providers, we may share some personal information about website visitors with certain third parties for business or commercial purposes, as disclosed by category below:
|What We Share||Who We Share It With|
|Cookies Internet or electronic activity||Ad Networks|
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented various security features to help prevent any unauthorized release of personal information. Our features include security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. These features include:
- Built-in physical tamper detection to prevent root access on devices
- Multiple levels of account security and data-access permissions
- Built on Azure IoT; we utilize AES-256 encryption at rest and TTPS/TLS 1.2 encryption over Port 443
- CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, audited ISO/IEC 27001 and SOC-2 compliant hosting
We do not knowingly collect (or sell) any information from anyone under 16 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our website.
Your CCPA rights are described below. You can make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by submitting this form.
Request to Know
You have the right to request the following information about the personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collect personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
If you make a request more than twice in a 12-month period, you may be required to pay a small fee for this service.
Request to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that you have provided to us. We will delete any personal information that is not necessary for our normal business operations from our records and direct all of our service providers to do the same. We consider information to be necessary for our business operations if it is used to:
- Provide goods or services to you
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
Soda Labs does not sell any information that identifies you, such as your name or contact information. However, we use ad networks to serve interest-based ads to our website visitors. To do this, we allow ad networks to collect information about your electronic activity while on our website (such as what products you view or add to your cart). They do this through third party cookies and similar tracking technologies placed on our website. We use this information to advertise to you after you leave our website.
If you do not want us to provide this information to our advertisers, you may opt out by following this link and select "Manage cookies" in the lower left hand corner.
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your CCPA consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Before we can respond to any CCPA requests, we will need to verify that you are who you say you are. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft. The verification process depends on which type of request you make and how you make it. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on information we have already collected. For example, we will ask you to verify that you have access to the email address we have on file for you that is associated with your name. If we cannot verify your identity, we cannot fulfill your CCPA request.
In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer’s identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected any personal information about that consumer, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e., the consumer has visited our website but had no other interaction with us), we are unable to reasonably associate a requester with any data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
A California resident’s authorized agent may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by calling [toll-free number to be provided by TrueVault] . Requests submitted by an authorized agent will still require verification of the person who is the subject of the request according to the process described above. An authorized agent that has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4000 to 4465 must submit proof of statutory power of attorney, but consumer verification is not required.
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. – See more at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at email@example.com. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: (a) the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you; (b) the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; (c) the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data; (d) the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; (e) the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format; (f) the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information; Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.